Blood is a biological fluid found in both humans and animals that carries metabolic waste products out of the cells and supplies oxygen and nutrients to the body’s cells.
Blood is the life fluid because it plays a crucial part in life’s core functions.
Ayurvedic view on blood
Rakta Dhatu is the name for blood in ayurvedic medicine. Fascinating, according to Ayurveda, blood and plasma are two distinct tissues.
The Pitta Dosha has an effect on Rakta Dhatu. The health of the blood tissue will be good if the Pitta is in good shape.
The main organs that generate Rakta Dhatu are the liver and spleen. Rakta Dhatu’s primary job is to support the body and sustain life. Choosing Ayurveda for blood purification is one of the best choices you can make as it has no side effects.
Qualities of pure blood
- Having beautiful skin and an even complexion
- Healthy sense organs
- Maximum digesting capacity
- An optimistic and healthy view of life
- Good nutrition is provided for body tissues
- Energetic and active
- Visarpa – herpes
- Vidradhi – abscess
- Kushta – skin disorders like acne, pimples, psoriasis, etc
- Vata Rakta – gout
- Rakta Pitta – hemorrhagic disorders
- Gulma – tumours
- Kamala – jaundice
- Vyanga – pigmentation of the skin
- Agni Nasha – indigestion
- Sammoha – syncope
- Raktatwaknetra Mootrata – redness of eyes, skin and urine
Signs of poor blood condition
- Feeling cold
- Decreased sweat and urine volume
- Skin becomes dull, pallid, dry, rough, and cracked, and loses its lustre.
- Constipation results from the body retaining heat in cold conditions.
- A desire for meals that are bitter, sour, spicy, and high in iron
- Sagging veins
- Mental drowsiness, trouble absorbing and comprehending new information, perplexity, and misunderstanding.
Causes of blood imbalance
- Vitamin B12 or iron deficiency
- Excess salt or sugar
- Consuming fried food and hot oil-based food
- Pesticides, nicotine, alcohol, narcotics, chemicals, artificial colours, and preservatives are examples of toxins.
- Unhealthy food pairings
- Consumption of sour and fermented foods
- Excess cheese, curds, and pickles intake
- Excessive solar exposure
- Radioactive contamination
- Spleen and liver problems
- Working in a warm setting
- Excessive or inadequate physical activity
- Repressed aggression or anger
- Envy and hate
Ayurveda for blood purification and its treatment
Purgation therapy (Virechana)
Pitta is purified by medicated purgation treatment, which also eliminates blood toxins that have built up in the liver and gallbladder. It thoroughly cleans the digestive system.
Therapeutic fasting (Langhana)
The body becomes lighter during a fast. It gives the digestive system a break and gives the body a chance to cleanse.
Bloodletting therapy (Raktamokshana)
Immunity boosting, improved blood circulation, and organ purification are all benefits of bloodletting treatment. It aids in the body’s detoxification of toxins.
Leeches were traditionally used to draw blood, although, in modern times, frequent blood donations can accomplish the same thing.