Compiled by Dr. Abhijeet
PCOS – Is a set symptom due to elevated androgens (male hormone) in female
PCOS is the most prevalent endocrinopathy
In AYURVEDA PCOS/PCOD
Incidence of this disease is increasing nowadays because of
– Sedentary lifestyles
– excessive intake of junk food
– PCOD observed in Women
– Menstrual irregularity
– Anovulatory cycle
– Excess hair growth
– Pain in the abdomen
– Paths of thick darker
– Obstructive Sleep Apnea
– Mood Disorder
– Diagnostic Factor
– PCOD is a condition when a hormonal imbalance affects follicular growth during the ovarian cycle causing affected follicles to remains in the ovary
– The retained Follicle forms into a cyst &with each Ovarian cycle a new cyst is formed leading to multiple ovarian cysts
– High Androgen Level In PCOD
Ayurveda suggests that this vata type disorder (Apan Vayu) though the involvement of other doshas there because GYNECOLOGICAL DISORDER is mainly supposed to be vitiation of
– VATA (Apan Vayu)
– ARTAVAVAHSROTUS & AMBUVAHSROTUS
Because of all 3 Doshas play important &distnetive role in the production development maturation & release of ovum & then ovarian & menstrual cycle is under control of 3 doshas
Ayurvedic PCOD Treatment
1) Matra Basti – with Sahcharadi tailam within 3-month cyst size reducing
2) Internal medicine – Lekhan & Balya herb
PCOD Successfully get cured by ayurvedic treatment within 3 month
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
1) Avoid junk food
2) Tea, coffee, alcohol, soft drinks, and non-vegetarian food should also be avoided.
3) Increase intake of fruits, vegetables, and salads.
4) Increase liquids in the diet, such as water and juice. These help to flush out the toxins.
5) Maintain proper hygiene.