Organs like the kidney and liver in the human body aid in detoxification. But that requires drinking adequate water, which must be done. The body can be cleansed by using this water as an internal shower to wash out toxins from your food, water, air pollution, and other sources. The kidney, liver, and other organs operate at their peak efficiency when the recommended amount of water is consumed. Keeping hydrated also optimises digestion, controls body temperature, improves bowel health, flushes toxins from the GI tract, and does many other things. Therefore, it’s crucial to consume enough water to replenish the water lost through respiration, digesting, and sweating. The body can be rehydrated in a variety of ways, including with normal water, sparkling water, sports drinks, juices, and other beverages. The most recent trend is the detox or infused water. It is plain water that has been flavour-infused with seasonal fruits, herbs, or vegetables. Additionally, you can combine all the flavours you enjoy. Juices are pulped, whereas detox water is infused. This is the primary distinction between the two. It can detox the body and has few calories because it simply contains flavours.
Types of Detox Water
There are several kinds of water for detoxification, and people can select one over the other depending on the detox water recipe and its advantages. Here are some further advantages of combining more than one:
- Apple cinnamon: Sliced apples are added to water along with powdered cinnamon. Cinnamon and apples’ antioxidants, vitamin C, and b-complex content lower the risk of heart disease.
- Orange-Mint: This is a fantastic detox water recipe since orange pulps are a fantastic source of vitamins and guard the body against free radicals. Mint leaves give this detox water energy and a delicious flavour.
- Strawberry- Mint: This detox water is made by infusing ripe, plump, and unblemished berries into the water. Vitamin C, which delivers energy and gives the food a refreshing flavour, is present.
- Watermelon: It is a fruit that can hydrate the body while also helping to eliminate pollutants. As a result of its anti-inflammatory qualities, aching muscles are lessened.
- Lemon-ginger: Lemon juice or even lemon slices can be added to water to make the Lemon Detox Water. To give it a feeling of fullness after eating it, add grated ginger. Lemon juice is another way to lose weight.
Here is a look at the ayurvedic benefits of detox water:
Increases energy levels:
Dehydration can have an impact on a person’s energy levels and mood. According to research, dehydration can impair concentration and result in headaches. Detox water can help boost energy levels and improve mood, especially for people who tend to perspire a lot. As a result, drinking infused water instead of coffee and tea can improve performance and productivity, especially during the mid-afternoon slump.
Aids in weight loss:
Both regular water and detox water are proven to aid in enhancing metabolism and calorie burning. Detox water for weight reduction is a crucial component of the weight loss programmes that dieticians and weight loss specialists advise. Adults who drank up to 500 ml of water before meals shed more weight than those who did not, according to research. That is because it causes a person to eat less. After all, it decreases the hunger and boosts metabolism. Additionally, detox water has fewer calories than juices and other drinks, which helps with weight loss.
Boosts digestive health:
Detox water is proven to support healthy bowel motions and aid with digestion. Additionally, it benefits those who experience bloating, constipation, and other digestive problems. You will notice an improvement in your digestion and gut health if you boost your fluid intake by adding detox water to your diet.
Theoretically, consuming vitamin C-rich detox water can aid in improving immunity because this nutrient can enhance immune function and combat diseases. Additionally, it is true that eating foods high in vitamin C promotes stronger immune system activity. However, there won’t be as big of an effect as eating fruits and vegetables because this infused water provides fewer nutrients.
They are a cost-effective way to stay hydrated:
More water should be consumed if you are an active person. Since drinking plain water gets boring after a while, many individuals choose sports drinks or other types of bottled water. However, that can burn a hole in their wallets. Detox water can, however, be created at home using materials that are already in your kitchen, making it simple to consume. Keeping hydrated in this way saves money without needing to spend a lot of money.