Skip to content Skip to footer

Benefits Of Aloe Vera In Summer

One of the most significant plants utilised in traditional medicine has been aloe vera. Aloe was considered the “plant of immortality” by the Egyptians, who also buried it with the pharaohs as one of their burial offerings. Aloe’s therapeutic properties were known to ancient Indian, Chinese, Greek, and Roman cultures. It has long been used to regulate Pitta both internally to balance digestion, improve liver function, and much more as well as externally to help heal wounds, burns, and irritated skin. Let us look at the benefits of aloe vera in summer.

Aloe vera characteristics 

Aloe vera, also known as ghrita kumara in Sanskrit, is a plant that resembles a cactus and belongs to the lily family. It stands one to two feet tall and has succulent leaves with spines along the edges that are broad at the base and pointy at the tips. These fat leaves contain a transparent, 96% water-based healing gel. The remaining 4% is made up of 75 well-known chemicals, including calcium, vitamins A, B, C, and E, amino acids for protein synthesis, and digestive enzymes.

Aloes come in approximately 240 different species. Only three or four of them, nevertheless, have therapeutic qualities. Aloe barbadensis is the strongest. This plant, which was once native to North Africa and Spain, currently flourishes in the hot, arid regions of Asia, Europa, and America.

Benefits of aloe vera in summer: external uses

Aloe’s capacity to both prevent damage to epithelial tissues and expedite the repair of damaged tissues accounts for its healing properties. A layer of cells called an epithelium covers the body. The skin is the largest epithelium in our body, and one of the main uses of aloe vera is to treat various skin conditions like eczema, small wounds, insect stings, bruises, and poison ivy. Additionally, it enhances blood flow to places that are injured and has antibacterial and antifungal properties. In addition, aloe vera stimulates the production of collagen by fibroblasts, the skin cells in charge of healing wounds and preventing wrinkles and skin ageing. Aloe vera appears to help the skin pores open and receive the moisture and nutrients of the plant. The skin absorbs aloe vera up to four times faster than water.

Birla Ayurveda suggests aloe vera because of its calming and cooling properties, particularly to balance Pitta dosha and a multitude of skin issues:

  • Apply the gel from an aloe leaf several times daily to minor burns and wounds.
  • Mix 70% aloe vera gel and 30% bentonite clay for mild sunburn. After 15 minutes, wash the paste from the affected areas.

(It is advised to seek medical advice if you sustain any injuries.)

Benefits of aloe vera in summer: internal uses

The lining of the vaginal canal, the bronchial tubes, and other epitheliums in the body, in addition to the skin, are all helped by the healing properties of aloe vera. Aloe vera juice aids in nutritional digestion and absorption lowers blood sugar, boosts energy generation, encourages cardiovascular health, enhances liver function, and strengthens the immune system when consumed internally.

  • For balancing digestion and elimination: Aloe vera can be consumed first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for a variety of reasons. Upon rising, take 1 spoonful. Aloe stimulates digestion, enhances kidney, liver, and gallbladder function, and aids in the removal of toxins from the digestive tract. Aloe’s anti-inflammatory fatty acids neutralise the digestive juices and shield them from acidity, a major indigestion trigger. These fatty acids have positive effects on the colon, small intestine, and stomach in addition to the stomach.
  • Skin problems: Aloe vera is good for the skin when eaten internally since it cleanses the body and supports liver function. For skin that looks young and healthy, consume 1-2 tablespoons of fresh aloe gel every day.

Note: Children under the age of five and pregnant women shouldn’t consume aloe vera internally.

Aloe vera’s special capacity to chill, soothe, and encourage bodily healing both internally and topically is what makes it a “miracle” plant. Visit our website for additional calming lotions, cleansers, soaps, and more.

Leave a comment

CAPTCHA ImageChange Image