Dandruff can be irritating because it causes your scalp to be itchy and rough all of the time. Dandruff can be caused by various factors, including dry skin, a common fungus known as Malassezia, and seborrheic dermatitis. Here are some easy Ayurvedic remedies to get rid of dandruff. Furthermore, those white skin flakes can be embarrassing. While it poses no health risks, no one wants it for long. Furthermore, scratching your scalp repeatedly may weaken hair follicles, resulting in hair loss.
According to Ayurveda, dandruff is a result of an imbalance in doshas. While dry and flaky dandruff may indicate Pitta and Vata doshas, wet or slightly oily dandruff indicates a Kapha-Vata dosha imbalance. To avoid dandruff, wash hair at least three times per week and consume a healthy diet rich in Vitamin B, omega fatty acids, and zinc, in addition to protein and vegetables.
Dandruff is one of the leading causes of
in more than 40% of people, according to our Ayurvedic expert at Birla Ayurveda. Mentioned below are some easy Ayurvedic remedies to get rid of dandruff.
- Neem is a common ingredient in Ayurvedic formulas. Our Ayurveda expert recommends washing your hair with water that has been boiled with neem leaves in it to get rid of dandruff.
- A combination of Triphala and curd can also help you get rid of dandruff. Mix a tbsp of Triphala churna into a glass of curd and leave it overnight. The following morning, apply the mixture to your scalp for 30-40 minutes before washing your hair with neem water. This should be done twice a week to help with dandruff.
- Mix 5 gm Tankan Bhasma, also known as Suhaga, with coconut oil. Apply to your hair and leave on overnight. Shampoo your hair the following morning. For best results, repeat it twice a week.
- Combine one cup of aloe vera gel and two tablespoons of castor oil. Allow this to sit on your scalp overnight. The next morning, wash this. Do it once every week.
- Take soaked fenugreek seeds and grind them into a paste. Mix in 2 tbsp aloe vera gel. Mix thoroughly and apply to your scalp. After 1 hour, rinse your hair with water and then with a gentle shampoo. It is recommended to do it twice a week.
- For 1-2 minutes, heat a bowl of coconut oil. Mix in a tablespoon of lemon juice thoroughly. Use it on your hair. Allow it to sit overnight or for at least two hours before washing your hair. Follow this once a week.
- 1 tbsp methi seed powder and 1 tbsp Triphala churna soaked overnight in 1 bowl of curd, the next morning, leave the mixture on for an hour before washing it off with a gentle shampoo. Practice this once or twice a week for better results.